• Summary statement of the firm's financial position at a given point in time.
• A summary of the assets, liabilities and owner equity at a defined moment in time
• A company's financial statement that reports its Assets, Liabilities, and Shareholders' Equity on a given date. Liabilities always equal assets, hence the name balance sheet. It is issued annually and quarterly.
• The balance sheet of the Bank shows assets and liabilities. Assets include cash and equivalents, securities held, and loans. Liabilities include deposits, purchased funds, long-term debt and equity.
• Also called the statement of financial condition, it is a summary of the assets, liabilities, and owners' equity.
| ||Embedded terms in definition|
Cash and equivalents
| ||Related Terms|
What to Know Before Declaring Your Financial Independence: Twenty-somethings may not realize it, but every time they enter a new phase of their life as young adults - perhaps starting college, a career or a family - they're also venturing into a new world of money management. Here are ways to be prepared. More...
We may think there is willpower involved, but more likely… change is due to want power. Wanting the new addiction more than the old one. Wanting the new me in preference to the person I am now. – George Sheehan